The Office: Chief breeding supervisor
Type of office: Extended executive committee, elective office
Office bearer: Katja Möwius
Many of you know me from many events of the Club PuK (German Puli Club). For those who don't know me: Here is a short summary of my Pulivita, with which I would like to introduce myself as a chief breeding supervisor:
I've had Pulis since 1994, so for 25 years. I love these wonderful "zotteligen Gefährten" and I cannot imagine a life without Pulis. Meanwhile at home in the Münsterland, I come from the Ruhrpott, where the club culture has always been cultivated. I grew up in clubs and learned to appreciate the cooperation for a cause.
In my life everything revolves around the Puli and so it was clear for me to be able to work in the Dt. Puli Club. I would like the Puli to remain as it is in its original, wonderful nature - healthy, strong, cheerful and always devoted to its people. And because Puli people are a very lovable people, it makes the Clubwork even more valuable.
How it began
Since 1998 I have been leading the LG West, since 2016 together with Pascal Schäpers as National Group Leader. I enjoyed that so much that I wanted to get more involved.
In 2002 I was then elected by our members as their first chairperson. In 2017 I decided to shift my focus more to breeding, the members elected me as chief breeding supervisor and appointed me honorary chairman. I was able to give the chairmanship of the PuK into good hands and then concentrate all my energy on breeding in the German Puli Club.
I am the contact person for all Pulis and Puli friends in all Puli matters. I am always open and grateful for any suggestions and ideas for improvement. I look forward to seeing you!
In my office I take care of these tasks:
- Monitoring of the breeding
- Breeding information must be passed on in constant contact with breeders
- All breeders advise and support in all breeding-related questions
- Coordination of litter inspections, breeding approvals, registrations, cattery inspections
- Training of breeding supervisors
- Administration of the breeding station
- Junction point for breeding supervisors,
- Regular exchange of information between chief breeding supervisor and breeding supervisors
- Member of the examination board of the breeding supervisors
- Training and information days for breeding supervisors and breeders
- Administration of training courses for breeders and breeding inspectors
- Advice on any mating issues
- Member of the breeding commission
- Attendance of breeding approvals, registrations
- The development of hereditary defects must be recorded by the main breeder
- Initiation of breeding measures in case of diseases of animals
- Coordination of expert opinions
- Acceptance of the mate certificate, litter reports, litter acceptance protocols, kennel inspection protocols
- Place for all notifications of breeders and breeding control rooms in animal welfare matters or diseases of Pulis and Pulipuppies
- Performing or commissioning cattery controls
- Control via regular offspring assessments
- The breeding supervisor candidate and the breeding supervisor in charge are subject to the duty of supervision and the right to issue instructions of the chief breeding supervisor.
- Sending examination forms
- Permanent revision of the breeder's brochure, puppy brochure
- Attend advanced training courses and scientific lectures to keep breeder/breeding supervisors up-to-date
- Writing articles for the club magazine